Uplifting Full Moon Lemon Balm Infusion
Posted by : Mary Wutz /
The full moon is here to illuminate the shadows that we are ready to heal. This time of month can be intense, but the plants are here to support us on our healing journey.
Lemon Balm, or Melissa officinalis is known for a myriad of medicinal uses, but in terms of spiritual properties, she has long been known as an herb that balances feelings and emotions. She enables us to view our emotions and feelings without getting lost in them which can be extremely helpful while we're in a heightened processing time like a full moon.
Like a sunny day, Lemon Balm uplifts the spirit, bringing hope and happiness into the heart. She is a cheerful ally that will happily walk with us under the light of the full moon when our darkest shadows are revealed.
- Before cutting the Lemon Balm, say a prayer of gratitude or give an offering to the plant.
- Cut or pick a handful of Lemon Balm (if you want to grapple the herb, a cup full of leaves should be more than enough, but this is not necessary).
- Place about an ounce of lemon balm in a quart jar with purified drinking water and let it sit in the moonlight for two to eight hours. If possible, place the jar on the earth, so that it can be grounded.
- Strain herb from water.
- For best results, sit in meditation and drink this tea under the full moon to get more in touch with deeper emotions in order to release them fully.
- Repeat this affirmation (optional):
“My emotions are rivers to the Ocean of Peace. I flow with the rhythm of Life.”
*Affirmation from, The Spirit of Herbs: A Guide to the Herbal Tarot, by Michael Tierra and Candis Cantin